Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thing 8: Collaborating, Connecting, Sharing

    It has been a while since I posted. But, at Thing 8, I feel behind...way behind.
    I  did do a couple of things related to this topic. I worked on several boards within my Pinterest account and added lots of things for my elementary teachers to use. I also worked on boards for me.
Three boards I developed"
http://pinterest.com/melindawm/education-resources-for-my-teachers/
http://pinterest.com/melindawm/education-library-and-information-pins/
http://pinterest.com/melindawm/education-digital-citizenship/

   The one for teachers has gotten quite a few repins.  :) That one seemed easier to find pins for. Digital Citizenship I need to work on quite a bit more. Although, I have been using ScoopIt for the same purpose, basically. That seems quicker and I have had good responses to that, too.

    Personally and in work, I have been working with Google Calendar, too. I am trying to do more with that.

   Last, we are pretty much a Google school with kids in grades 6-12 with Chromebooks. Our use of Google docs in huge.  We have gotten really good at sharing all sorts of things. A tool I wanted to mention because it has added a huge sharing feature, and because I just love it, is NoodleTools.  Built into this program is an ability to share whole project via Google, but also teachers/librarians can set up assignment boxes within the program and students can share their citation work as they go. As a librarian, I can go to my "shared with me" folder and check their work and make comments. I love this feature. One of the reasons,\ I am so far behind here is because we have lots of research going on with several classes using this feature. One other thing to mention is that the tech support and help within NoodleTools is amazing. I love these people and this tool which is SO much more than a citation maker.
   Okay, that is Thing 8 for me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment