Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thing 7

        Things got pretty crazy over the last few weeks. So, I am skipping over writing about Thing 6 for now; and, jumping into Thing 7.  
      I have been playing with Audioboo and ScreenR.  Tonight I made my first little screencast. Well, actually I made several but, I deleted them until I got one that seemed okay.  
     Screenr is pretty easy to use. What I found difficult was changing the screen size as I went along, which is often noticeable. But, I am working on that.  I think there are all kinds of possibilities for both of these tools in the school library world.  Both are fun and fairly straightforward. I hope that as life calms down a bit, I can continue to play with these and create some useful screencasts for my students.  I am hopefully about to embed the first little screencast I made. We will see.  :) Here we go!
     I need to figure out how to move the screencast over a little bit, obviously.  But, there is my attempt number one.




1 comment:

  1. Looks great! But you're right, screenr doesn't do changes in screen size well. You have to preplan and get all those windows opened and set to the same size before you start.

    Some of the more robust (ie: they cost $$) tools have the ability to zoom in and out on different parts of the screen. Handy, but steeper learning curve and more time needed to create them.

    ReplyDelete