Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thing 7...more

   Thing 7 has been great for me. I love Screenr and even have a couple of other teachers who are jumping on board after I used some screencasts with the classes. I have gotten better at screencasting. I have learned "script your work first", practice and then do the screencast.  If I do that, I have tools for my staff, students, and even the community that will really help and will really save me time. 
     For an English 11 I-Search research project, I made screencasts to help kids with citations of several of the websites they all use. I put the link to the screencasts on the same page as the hotlist. That way they could go to the website, watch the screencast, open NoodleTools, and cite as they went along.
     Here is the link to the hotlist on which you will see my screencast links:
11th Grade English I-Search Career Project Hotlist

    One last thing is a question. How and where are people putting information out for your students? Are you still using web pages? Do you have library facebook pages? Do you link resources to your OPACs? Do you tweet it? It seems we have a lot of formats to consider and I was just wondering how everyone still manages the  links to resources that they want to see used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment