Monday, November 19, 2012

Thing 3: RSS

       Working with Thing 3 has been tricky. First, because it is such a busy time of year and it is hard to find the time to really learn what RSS feeds, etc. have to offer. Second, it seems a little more difficult to get a feel for what works for me.  I have been using both Google Reader and Netvibes.  Both seem fairly easy to add subscriptions to but neither seems very easy to manipulate  or make more manageable.  I think I am going to have to let these go and move on to the next lesson without having accomplished what I wanted to accomplish.  I will keep working at it.
     One other thought before I stop typing is that with my iPad I like using Flipboard which I think is the same sort of thing; and it is very visual and easy to navigate. 

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Flipboard. I love reading RSS feeds through Flipboard. I use Google Reader to organize some of my favorite blogs into folders of related blogs. Then I add the folders to Flipboard. An extra step, but GR makes it really easy to organize the folders.

    ReplyDelete