Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Librarian's Thoughts on a Thursday

     Today is a fairly typical day here at the library.

     We have several batches of kindergarten students in to exchange books, first graders in to hear Too Many Pumpkins, a favorite story of mine (I have many favs), and tenth graders researching their debate topics: gay marriage, gun laws, and, of course, the ever-present topic, legalizing marijuana. 
     All the teachers are working, thinking, doing APPRS, SLOs and assessments.  As a librarian in New York State, I am exempt this year; and, hopefully will always be.  That way, I can focus on the teachers' needs and help them.  However, our School Library System is getting us prepared because we will most likely join the rest next year. That is truly worrisome to me. For now, I am playing an ostrich.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment